Join FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera
FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera (FPO) is the union of two organizations that have served Pittsburgh Opera for many years: Pittsburgh Opera Association and the Guilds of Pittsburgh Opera. The new organization is both a friend-raising and fund-raising body.
Membership in FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera is $75 per household of 2 or more, or $50 per individual. Your membership fee supports Pittsburgh Opera financially, and your participation helps promote interest in, and awareness of, Pittsburgh Opera in the community.
FPO membership benefits include:
- Invitations to community events throughout the season
- Invitations to fabulous social events like the Holiday Party and the Garden Party
- Free admission to Opera Up Close and Art Song Recitals
- Opportunities to volunteer and meet new friends
Join FPO today!
Scenes from FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera events
The following four FPO events are open to the general public.
- September 11, 2016: Season Kickoff Party
- December 11, 2016: Holiday Party at the LeMont
- March 2, 2017: Spring Event
- June 10, 2017: Garden Party
'FPO Presents Speakers Series' events
These events are the education component of the FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera. Created to enlighten, engage, and inform members and their guests, this series presents various topics related to the Take Me Out to the Opera Season.
Click each entry below for details:
- “Richard Strauss: His Life and Operas” October 9, 2016
- “Insights into the Great Choruses written for Opera” November 6, 2016
- “Judging Vocal Competitions and Auditions” January 22, 2017
- “The Planning and Perils of Mounting and Opera Season” March 26, 2017
- “Creating an Opera” April 23, 2017
- “How Does One Coach an Opera Singer?”May 21, 2017
Marilyn Bruschi, President
Gail Simpson, Secretary
Gail Titus, Treasurer
Annie Futrell, Hospitality Chair
Nancy Traina, Fundraising Chair
Susan Loutsion, Communications Chair
Amy Kellman, City Chapter Chair
Ansley Robin, Fox Chapel Chapter Chair
Sandra Robbibaro, Sewickley Chapter Chair
Grant and Barbara Anderson, South Hills Chapter Chairs