As part of our ongoing mission to enrich Pittsburgh and the tri-state area, Pittsburgh Opera strives to make opera intellectually and financially accessible to a diverse audience, offering both high-quality opera productions and free and low-cost community events throughout the season.
- Brown Bag concerts are held on selected Saturdays throughout the season, October - April.
- Pre-Opera Talks are free to all ticketholders at all performances, held 1 hour before curtain.
- Opera Up Close is an in-depth analysis of the upcoming opera, held on selected Sundays before each opera opening.
- Meet the Artists is free to all Tuesday ticketholders, after the opera performance.
- Art Song Recitals feature our Resident Artists in recital format.
- Community concerts are held several times throughout the season at venues such as South Park, Oglebay Resort, Hartwood Acres, and the Market Square Farmers Market.