A typical day at the office?
The 2018 Diamond Horseshoe Ball.
Photo by Andrew Stein, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pittsburgh Opera is currently seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Manager. Please see below.
Pittsburgh Opera is looking for Student Ambassadors for the 2019-20 season! See below.
Pittsburgh Opera, Inc., a Level II member of Opera America and a constituent organization of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, has an immediate opening and is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Digital Marketing Manager.
The Digital Marketing Manager will run all Pittsburgh Opera’s digital initiatives, including managing our website, mobile app, social media accounts, digital marketing campaigns and e-newsletters. The Digital Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee Pittsburgh Opera’s social media strategy, and create compelling social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest).
- Create and oversee effective Digital Marketing Campaigns, using your analytic skills and creativity to identify and test innovative opportunities for campaign growth and improvement.
- Create, monitor, measure, and improve Pittsburgh Opera’s e-newsletters, including subject line testing and personalized content.
- Create and optimize Google Ads campaigns.
- Website content updates, maintenance, and enhancements. Devise strategies to drive online traffic to pittsburghopera.org.
- Mobile App content updates, maintenance, enhancements, and ‘at the venue’ experiences. Increase app downloads and usage.
- Track, measure and report on key metrics.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices. Review new technologies and keep Pittsburgh Opera at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Collaborate with both internal and external constituencies and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-4+ years’ experience, either client-side or at an agency
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, with a passion for excellence
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with current online marketing and measurement trends and best practices
- Experience using website Content Management Systems
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM efforts
- Email marketing experience, including track record of continual improvement
- Adept at social media marketing, including paid Facebook ad campaigns
- Proficient at Google tools such as Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Tag Manager, Google My Business, Google Ads, and Google for Nonprofits
- Must be available to work at off-hour events at various locations in Pittsburgh, e.g. the Benedum Center
Helpful, but not required:
- Knowledge of opera
- Passion for the arts
- Prior experience in specific 3rd party systems used by Pittsburgh Opera:
- Expression Engine (our website CMS)
- Instant Encore (our mobile app CMS)
- Tessitura ticketing software/CRM
- Prospect2 (enewsletter software)
- Rudimentary knowledge of HTML
Salary and Benefits:
The position is full-time exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills. Benefits include medical, and vision; paid vacation and holidays.
The Pittsburgh Opera is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please respond by email to Kristin Gatch. Your application package should include a cover letter providing your salary requirements/expectations and resume.
Become a Student Ambassador!
Now is a perfect time to become a Student Ambassador, spreading the word about Pittsburgh Opera and enjoying exclusive benefits! Established by five intrepid women in 1939, Pittsburgh Opera is viewed as one of the most vibrant opera organizations in the U.S., with a rich artistic tradition, outstanding educational programs, and a progressive outlook toward the future that we want you to be a part of.
Even if you don’t know much about opera (yet!), if you’re outgoing and enthusiastic then we’d love to work with you. For those interested in a career in arts marketing or education, becoming a Student Ambassador is great opportunity to gain firsthand experience while enhancing your resume. Student Ambassadors will be asked to hang posters on campus and to be a presence at campus fairs/events. Most importantly, we want to hear YOUR ideas about how best to share Pittsburgh Opera with your fellow students.
As a Pittsburgh Opera Student Ambassador, you’ll receive:
- Complimentary tickets to Opening Night of each of our Benedum Center productions
- Free admission to our Opera Up Close programs, which offer an in-depth look at the upcoming production with the artists that make them happen
- Networking opportunities with your fellow Student Ambassadors and arts professionals.
Please contact us via email letting us know why you would make a great Ambassador and an example of how you’d like to promote the opera on campus. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Pittsburgh Opera Internship Program seeks mutually beneficial relationships with individual interns who are interested in opera, whether from an artistic or an organizational perspective. Each intern will be provided with opportunities to be creative, to accomplish real-life work that furthers the mission of Pittsburgh Opera, and to develop personally and professionally. In return, Pittsburgh Opera will receive valuable assistance that contributes significantly to the organization’s goals.
Internships run at various times throughout the year and are available in several areas, including development, artistic, production, and education.
To apply for an internship, please send a letter of intent, resume, and a letter of reference from an academic advisor to:
Kristin Gatch, Executive Assistant
2425 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
No phone calls, please.