Join FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera
FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera (FPO) is the union of two organizations that have served Pittsburgh Opera for many years: Pittsburgh Opera Association and the Guilds of Pittsburgh Opera. The new organization is both a friend-raising and fund-raising body.
Membership in FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera is $75 per household of 2 or more, or $50 per individual. Your membership fee supports Pittsburgh Opera financially, and your participation helps promote interest in, and awareness of, Pittsburgh Opera in the community.
FPO membership benefits include:
- Invitations to community events throughout the season
- Invitations to fabulous social events like the Holiday Party and the Garden Party
- Free admission to Opera Up Close and Art Song Recitals
- Opportunities to volunteer and meet new friends
Join FPO today!
Scenes from FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera events
- September 9, 2018: Season Kickoff Party
- December 9, 2018: Holiday Party at the LeMont
'FPO Presents Speakers Series' Events:
These events are the education component of the FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera. Created to enlighten, engage, and inform members and their guests, this series presents various topics related to the 2018-2019 Opera Season.
- October 28, 2018: Crystal Manich, Director of Pittsburgh Opera’s production of Hansel and Gretel, will talk about "Life on the Operatic Road."
- December 16, 2018: Flavio Chamis, Composer, Conductor, and Lecturer, will analyze "How Mozart Ingeniously Combines Music, Drama and Humor in his Operas."
- January 27, 2019: Franco Sciannameo, Distinguished Professor of Music at Carnegie Mellon University, will explore "La Boheme between Puccini and Leoncavallo."
- February 24, 2019: Robert (Rob) Boldin, Manager of Artistic Administration for Pittsburgh Opera, promises to help us make sense of "Contemporary Opera: What’s all the 'noise' about?"
- March 24, 2019: Sari Gruber, soprano singing Musetta in Pittsburgh Opera’s production of La Boheme, and two Resident Artists will talk about "A Singer’s Journey." The program will be moderated by William Powers, Director of Administration and Artistic Operations for Pittsburgh Opera.
Nancy Traina, President
Eileen Weiner, Secretary
Annie Futrell, Hospitality Chair
Susan Loutsion, Fundraising Chair
Victoria Chester Rose, Communications Chair
Amy Kellman, Programming Chair
Brandon Williams, Membership Chair