Join FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera
FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera (FPO) is the union of two organizations that have served Pittsburgh Opera for many years: Pittsburgh Opera Association and the Guilds of Pittsburgh Opera. The new organization is both a friend-raising and fund-raising body.
Membership in FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera is $75 per household of 2 or more, or $50 per individual. Your membership fee supports Pittsburgh Opera financially, and your participation helps promote interest in, and awareness of, Pittsburgh Opera in the community.
FPO membership benefits include:
- Invitations to community events throughout the season
- Invitations to fabulous social events like the Holiday Party and the Garden Party
- Free admission to Opera Up Close and Art Song Recitals
- Opportunities to volunteer and meet new friends
Join FPO today!
Scenes from FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera events
- September 15, 2019: Season Kickoff Party
- Holiday Party: TBD
'FPO Presents Speakers Series' Events:
These events are the education component of the FRIENDS of Pittsburgh Opera. Created to enlighten, engage, and inform members and their guests, this series presents various topics related to the 2019-20 Season:
- October 6, 2019: Chris Cox, Director of Marketing and Communications, will discuss the ins and outs of digital marketing and social media.
- November 3, 2019: Meet Alexandra Loutsion, who sings the lead in Pittsburgh Opera’s production of Florencia en el Amazonas.
- February 16, 2020: Meet the creative team, Peter Hilliard and Matt Boresi, of The Last American Hammer.
- March 22, 2020: Meet Charles Stegeman and Rachel Stegman, Concertmaster and Assistant Concertmaster of the Pittsburgh Opera Orchestra.
Nancy Traina, President
Eileen Weiner, Secretary
Jack Kerr, Treasurer
Annie Futrell, Hospitality Chair
Susan Loutsion & Judith Matheny, Fundraising and Events Chairs
Victoria Chester Rose, Communications Chair
Pam Selker Rak, Marketing Chair
Amy Kellman, Programming Chair
Michael Lancet, Membership Chair
Ron Smutny, Member At Large