March 28, 2022
Chris Cox, Director of Marketing and Communications
412-281-0912 ext. 217
Contact via email
Download this as a PDF
Pittsburgh Opera Announces The Henry J. and Mary Louise Gailliot Fund for Classical Opera
Pittsburgh Opera is pleased to announce the creation of The Henry J. and Mary Louise Gailliot Fund for Classical Opera.
The Fund, which is being seeded by a $3 million gift from Henry and Mary Louise Gailliot, will support the production, performance, and staging of operas composed before 1950.
“This gift will help ensure that seminal works of the opera canon continue to delight future generations of Pittsburghers,” says Pittsburgh Opera General Director Christopher Hahn. “Music by composers such as Mozart, Verdi, and Puccini stand the test of time for a reason, and we deeply appreciate the Gailliots’ support of them. This will help us propel the art form into the future by continuing to appreciate its past.”
“We are delighted to make this gift to Pittsburgh Opera”, said Henry Gailliot. “Pittsburgh Opera is a vital contributor to the region’s vibrant cultural life and we are proud to support classical opera through the creation of this Fund.”
The Fund is part of Pittsburgh Opera’s $50MM Comprehensive Campaign. The campaign, co-chaired by Michele Atkins, Dr. Lisa Cibik, Michele Fabrizi, and Diana Reid, is called Forever. Forever has already raised over half its $50MM goal. Its objectives are to:
- Promote Pittsburgh Opera’s cornerstones of Art, Community, and Resilience
- Make Pittsburgh Opera a model of entrepreneurship and inclusion
- Secure Pittsburgh Opera’s place as a cultural treasure for future generations
People can contribute to Forever through:
- New and increased yearly giving to Pittsburgh Opera’s Annual Fund, which can be made online at pittsburghopera.org/forever
- Planned Giving through Pittsburgh Opera’s Monteverdi Society, for legacy building estate gifts and bequest commitments
- Special Gifts – exceptional philanthropic gifts custom-tailored to the donor’s individual preferences; please contact Pittsburgh Opera at 412-281-0912, ext. 259
Contributions to Pittsburgh Opera are tax-deductible. The official registration and financial information of Pittsburgh Opera may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.