Professional opera coaches James Lesniak, Glenn Lewis, and Mark Trawka provide feedforward to young singers at the HS Vocal Mock Auditions.
Calling all college-bound high school vocalists!
Pittsburgh Opera Education invites you to experience an abbreviated, college-type
audition process, complete with professional feedback, to help you assess your
musical capabilities and prepare you for an actual college audition.
You will have the opportunity to participate in five 10-minute audition segments:
- a vocal audition
- a music theory assessment
- a sight-singing assessment
- a keyboard assessment
- an interview with a music administrator
- Learn some secrets from the pros about how to have a great audition.
- Discover what clothing styles work with various body types.
- Receive two free passes to attend a Pittsburgh Opera dress rehearsal at the Benedum Center.
- Who: Any high school sophomore, junior, or senior who studies classical vocal music and wants to improve skills for college music auditions.
- Where: Pittsburgh Opera
- Day/Time: Arranged on an individual basis.
- Fee: $50
- Download the application
How to Get Involved:
- Fill out and send in the application.
- Be prepared to sing, from memory, two contrasting songs, such as English, French, German, or Italian art songs. One of the two songs should be sung in a foreign language. Pittsburgh Opera will provide an accompanist, free of charge, for the auditions.
- Select appropriate audition attire.
For more information, contact Marilyn Michalka Egan, Ph.D., Director of Education at 412-281-0912 ext. 242.