- WQED-FM broadcasts each of Pittsburgh Opera's previous-season productions, in their entirety, in the weeks leading up to our new season's opening night. If a production was sold out, or you just want to hear your favorite arias again, WQED-FM's broadcasts are a great way to hear these performances. See the schedule below for details.
- Hosted by WQED’s Anna Singer, the Pittsburgh Opera Preview Shows are half-hour previews of each upcoming opera. Each 30-minute Preview Show is broadcast twice before each production opens (the Saturday before opening night, and again the night before opening night), giving listeners an in-depth introduction to the opera’s singers, music, and production.
Here is when Pittsburgh Opera's 2019-20 season productions will be broadcast:
- Don Giovanni - Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 1:00PM
- Florencia en el Amazonas - Saturday, October 3, 2020 - 1:00PM
- Alcina - Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 1:00PM
- The Last American Hammer - Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 1:00PM
The Pittsburgh Opera Preview Shows for our 2020-21 season productions will be broadcast:
- Cosi fan tutte - Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 12:30PM, and again on Friday, October 16, 2020, at 7:00PM
- Soldier Songs - Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 12:30PM, and again on Friday, December 4, 2020 at 7:00PM
- Semele - Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 12:30PM, and again on Friday, February 19, 2021 at 7:00PM
- Charlie Parker's Yardbird - Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 12:30PM, and again on Friday, April 9, 2021 at 7:00PM
Listen at 89.3 FM or at WQED.org.