- WQED-FM broadcasts each of Pittsburgh Opera's previous-season productions, in their entirety, in the weeks leading up to our new season's opening night. If a production was sold out, or you just want to hear your favorite arias again, WQED-FM's broadcasts are a great way to hear these performances. See the schedule below for details.
- Hosted by WQED’s Anna Singer, the Pittsburgh Opera Preview Shows are half-hour previews of each upcoming opera. Each 30-minute Preview Show is broadcast twice before each production opens (the Saturday before opening night, and again the night before opening night), giving listeners an in-depth introduction to the opera’s singers, music, and production.
The Pittsburgh Opera Preview Shows for our 2022-23 Season:
- Rusalka – Saturday, September 10, 2022 & Friday, September 16, 2022
- The Marriage of Figaro – Saturday, October 29, 2022 & Friday, November 4, 2022
- Ariodante – Saturday, January 14, 2023 & Friday, January 20, 2022
- Il Trovatore – Saturday, March 18, 2023 *(special 11:30 AM start time) & Friday, March 24, 2023
- Denis & Katya – Saturday, April 29, 2023 & Friday, May 5, 2023
- We Shall Not Be Moved – Saturday, May 6, 2023 & Friday, May 12, 2023
Listen at 89.3 FM or at WQED.org.
Pittsburgh Opera's 2021-22 season will be broadcast in the fall of 2022.