Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019 Pittsburgh Opera fans showed us they have hearts for the arts by supporting us in raising $6,824 in total Giving Tuesday donations.
This campaign was part of Give Big Pittsburgh, a 24-hour online fundraising effort hosted by Pittsburgh Magazine and local sponsors. Individuals were able to make charitable donations through our Give Big Pittsburgh page, enabling us to continue fulfilling our mission in the community.
While Giving Tuesday is over, the donation page will remain active and accepting donations through December 31, 2019. Please continue to Give Big and help keep opera alive and well in Pittsburgh:
As a 'thank you' for the generosity of our donors, we raffled off a variety of neat opera prizes to those who donated throughout Giving Tuesday. Here is the list of winners:
- Autographed cast poster from Florencia en el Amazonas: Beth Ann Spiro
- Autographed cast poster from Don Pasquale: Mark Prus
- Autographed cast poster from Don Giovanni: Michael Komo
- A copy of the book "Opera in Pittsburgh": Leslie Clark
- Autographed cast poster from La bohéme: Amy Kellman
- Autographed cast poster from La traviata: Dante Romito
- Autographed cast poster from Madama Butterfly: Nancy Meacham
- Grand Prize - Tickets to our January Baroque opera, Alcina: Eileen Weiner