Pittsburgh Opera wants you to feel safe attending our performances and events.
We have developed and are implementing robust safety protocols in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal is to protect patrons, visitors, employees, staff, artists, and volunteers, as well as mitigate the potential for spread of COVID-19 in our organizational areas and communities.
All policies have been developed with consideration for recommendations and/or orders from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and the Allegheny County Health Department, as well as best practices being developed in the performing arts industry in the United States and abroad.
These protocols are not only intended to keep you safe, but to allow you to sit back and enjoy our performances with peace of mind.
Building Cleanings/Facility Hygiene
Pittsburgh Opera Headquarters undergoes daily cleaning, and continues to follow pre-existing cleaning protocols. Additionally, high-touch areas are cleaned and disinfected daily using an EPA-registered disinfectant to kill human coronavirus.
Pittsburgh Opera has made hand soap and hand sanitizer accessible throughout the building either at sinks or sanitizing stations placed appropriately at key entry points and where sinks are not readily available.
Pittsburgh Opera provides tissues and trash bins at or near sanitizing stations throughout the building. Anyone entering the building should always cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow when coughing or sneezing and immediately wash or sanitize their hands.
- In accordance with the Pennsylvania 'Department Of Health Lifting Universal Masking Order On June 28', Pittsburgh Opera no longer has face covering requirements in our building.
- We encourage any Company Member or Guest who is more comfortable wearing a face covering to continue to do so.
- Face coverings may include but are not limited to homemade or purchased cloth face masks, disposable face masks, scarves, or bandanas as long as both mouth and nose are covered completely.
- Disposable masks will also be available on a limited basis should a Company Member or Guest request one.
- All persons are expected to adhere to posted occupancy limits or restrictions, and to adhere to posted signage and instructions regarding traffic patterns throughout the building.
- Pittsburgh Opera Headquarters now maintains a minimum outdoor air ventilation of 15% at all times, and increases this amount as appropriate.
- Our HVAC systems now run 24/7 to allow for maximum air changeover and removal of particles.
- Pittsburgh Opera has upgraded to MERV-13 filters in all our HVAC units.
In addition to the above, any person arriving at Pittsburgh Opera Headquarters will be required to complete an online health screening before entering the building. Detailed information about the screening can be found below.
UPDATED MAY 27, 2021:
Any person arriving at Pittsburgh Opera Headquarters will be required to go through an online self-administered health screening before entering the building each day.
There are signs posted on all entry doors to the building with a QR code for the health screening questionnaire for ease of access. If you leave and return the same day, you do not need to fill it out again.
You only need to fill out this questionnaire once per day on the days you will be visiting or working at the building. Please do not fill it out in advance. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Are you experiencing any of the following COVID-19 Symptoms (that cannot be attributed to another health condition or specific activity)? Choose any that apply:
- Fever (Temperature above 100.4 degrees Farenheit)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain or body aches
- Headache or confusion
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Are you currently waiting for COVID-19 test results?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last ten days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone within the last 14 days who has tested positive for COVID-19? If you are vaccinated, you do not need to answer this question, please select no or n/a.
- Have you traveled out-of-state within the last 14 days? If you are vaccinated, you do not need to answer this question, please select no or n/a.
Anyone with a temperature of 100.4°F or higher, or who answers 'Yes' to any of the above questions, will be denied admittance.
Anyone who answers 'No' or 'n/a' to all the above questions will then be asked to provide the following:
- Approximately what time do you anticipate arriving at the building today?
- Approximately what time do you anticipate leaving the building today?
- What is your full name?
- What is today's date?
All health screening information will be kept strictly confidential. Thank you for your cooperation.