Pittsburgh Opera has a no-hassle refund policy for all 2021–22 operas so patrons can purchase their tickets with confidence. Whether a patron has contracted COVID, is waiting for a COVID test result, has been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, or simply has a symptom that could be COVID, etc., Pittsburgh Opera will offer full refunds for any patrons who notify us that they need to cancel their tickets at least one hour prior to their performance start time.
Theater Square Box Office, 665 Penn Avenue, in the Cultural District
Monday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Monday - Friday 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Benedum Center Box Office, 237 7th Street, in the Cultural District
Open on performance days two hours before curtain time through intermission.
- Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted.
- Orders received fewer than 7 days in advance will be held for pickup at the Box Office.
- $3.50 per ticket service charge on phone orders.
Taxes and Fees
- A Cultural District fee of $1.25 per ticket is included in all ticket prices.
- Ticket Prices for the Benedum productions also include a $1.50 per ticket Security Fee.
Refunds and Exchanges
- Performance dates and cast are subject to change without notice.
- Admission is at the discretion of theater management.
- Subscribers may exchange season tickets by calling 412-281-0912 ext. 3 or exchange tickets online
Benedum Center Safety & Security statement and Bag Policy
The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust has implemented new security and bag policies, effective starting October 1, 2016, at the Benedum Center and their other venues. You can read their Safety & Security statement, which includes an updated list of prohibited items, and read their Bag Policy, on their website.
Benedum Center Seating Chart
Click here to view a detailed seating chart (PDF) for the Benedum Center, our principal performance space.
- If you're ordering tickets to one or more of our Benedum Center operas, you may select your own seats in an interactive ticketing experience.
August Wilson African American Cultural Center Seating Chart
Click here to view a detailed seating chart (PDF) for the August Wilson African American Cultural Center.
Late Seating at the Benedum Center
To ensure that all operagoers have a good experience, latecomers will be taken to the best available seat until intermission. Management accepts no responsibility for the inconvenience and can make no exceptions for late arrivals. Refunds or exchanges are NOT issued to latecomers.
Obstructed Vision at the Benedum Center
Supertitles, the English translations projected above the stage, will be fully visible to most Benedum Center customers. However, supertitles will not be visible to anyone seated in row W and behind on the Main Floor, or the side sections of rows W-ZZ on the Main Floor.
Emergency Information at the Benedum Center
An Emergency Register Book is located in the Benedum Center entrance lobby to the right of the entry doors. Refer emergency calls to 412-456-2610. Please turn off pagers, cell phones, and watches during the performance and notify your contact of the emergency number and your seat location. This theater is equipped with an Automated External Defibrillator.
Limited to performers, staff, and authorized visitors.
Located at all levels and clearly marked. Use ONLY in case of emergency.
Lost and Found
- Lost and Found at the Benedum: call Benedum Center Management Office at 412-456-2604, weekdays.
- Lost & Found at CAPA or Pittsburgh Opera’s performance space: call Pittsburgh Opera at 412-281-0912.
Cameras and Tape Recorders
The use of cameras, cell phones, and tape recorders in the auditorium is strictly prohibited.
Cast or Programming Changes
Cast and opera subject to change without notice. All ticket sales are final.