Pittsburgh Opera proudly presents our 2021-22 Resident Artists.
These stellar artists were hand-selected after a grueling and competitive application and audition process.
During the course of the 2021-22 season, these talented individuals will perform:
- The principal and supporting roles in the fully-staged Pittsburgh Opera productions
- Supporting roles, covering, and sometimes principal roles in Pittsburgh Opera's mainstage productions
- In programs for public schools, community centers, libraries and corporate events
- In regular Brown Bag concerts and special events
- At parties hosted by Pittsburgh Opera
We invite you to get to know our 2021-22 Resident Artist class:
- Maire Therese Carmack, mezzo-soprano
- Madeline Ehlinger, soprano
- Véronique Filloux, soprano
- Yazid Gray, baritone
- Jeremy Harr, bass
- Andrew Turner, tenor
- Kaley Karis Smith, stage director
The Resident Artist Program is made possible with generous support from the following sponsors:
- Ms. Carmack's residency is generously sponsored by Hans and Leslie Fleischner
- Ms. Ehlinger's residency is generously sponsored by Steven Seibert
- Mr. Harr's residency is generously sponsored by Robert J. and Sharon E. Sclabassi
- Mr. Gray's residency is sponsored by John and Virginia DiPucci and Alice Victoria Gelormino
- Ms. Smith's residency is sponsored by Dr. Athan Georgiades and Dr. Lydia Contis
- Mr. Turner's residency is generously sponsored by John and Nancy Traina and co-sponsored by Gene Welsh and Marty Healey.
- Ms. Filloux's residency is generously sponsored by Michele and Pat Atkins
- Mark Trawka’s faculty position is generously sponsored by Eileen and John Olmsted and co-sponsored by the Hollinshead Family in memory of Sylvia Hollinshead and the glorious Pittsburgh Opera Chorus
- James Lesniak’s faculty position is generously sponsored by the Hollinshead Family in memory of Sylvia Hollinshead and the glorious Pittsburgh Opera Chorus
Learn how you can support a future opera star through Resident Artist Sponsorship.